Keeping your business running in Ammon, ID is a long and arduous process. If your place is damaged, you may be without an income for a long period of time unless you have commercial property insurance. Commercial property insurance is a policy for businesses that give you protection if your building is damaged from unexpected circumstances.
Types of Commercial Property Insurance
- Basic Business Insurance – generally covers the cost of replacing or repairing the building if it has been ravaged by fire, weather, and other natural and unnatural causes.
- Broad Business Policy – can offer coverage from common damages, such as those caused by structural collapse, leaks, and water damage.
- Specific Business Insurance – excludes risks that are covered under your basic insurance policies. Floods, hurricanes, acts of terrorism, tornados, nuclear disasters, and other extraordinary occurrences can be covered under the specific business policy.
Other Commercial Property Insurance Options
- Business Interruption – insures you if you lose your business income from risks outlined in your policy.
- Off-Premise Coverage – is available for items that are carried off your property, but are still used for business purposes, such as cell phones and laptops.
- Newly Constructed Space – should be insured separately for complete structural coverage.
Replacement and Actual Cash Value
- Actual Cash Value – is the current value to replace your damaged property. If your place of business were completely destroyed by a fire, then you would receive the fair market value for your business.
- Replacement Value – is the amount you would receive for replacing, repairing, or rebuilding your property.
For more information, check out the independent agents at Insure It All in Ammon, ID. Not only will they be able to assist you with commercial property insurance, they are available to research other policies that you may be interested in, including home, health, auto, and life.