What Is and Isn’t Covered by Condo Insurance

If you live in a condo, your association fees help cover the cost of master insurance to protect the exterior structure of your building. In the event of storm damage to the outside of your building, your master insurance will cover the cost of repairs. This same policy often includes coverage for common areas such as a clubhouse, pool, tennis court and landscaping.

Master condo insurance policies, however, don’t provide coverage for the interior of your condo or your personal belongings. They also won’t protect you for accidents that may cause injury to others while on your property. 

In contrast, a personal condo insurance policy from Insure It All, Ammon, ID, can provide you with the personal protection you need. With personal condominium insurance, you can receive coverage for the following:    

Interior of Dwelling: to include repair or replacement costs of drywall, flooring, bath and kitchen cabinets, light fixtures and plumbing. This coverage will also protect custom renovations or major upgrades you have made to your unit.

Personal Property: protects your personal goods to include furnishings, clothes, electronics, appliances, etc., if they are stolen or suffer damage or loss due to a covered peril. With replacement cost coverage, your insurance will pay the full cost of replacing expensive goods at current prices.

Personal Liability/Medical Payments: pays for medical expenses of those who have been injured in an accident while on your property. It also covers property damage sustained by others while on your property as well as legal expenses to cover a lawsuit by an injured party.

Loss of Use and Additional Living Expenses: covers your living expenses to stay in another location while your condo is being repaired, if interior damage makes it an unlivable environment.

For more information about condo insurance options, contact us at Insure It All, Ammon, ID.