Increasing your home security is a smart and practical means of saving on home insurance costs. Improved security will safeguard your home against theft, vandalism and trespassers to keep you and your goods safe from harm.
At Insure It All, Ammon, ID, we can provide you with valuable counsel on home security measures you can take to qualify for an insurance discount. The following are just a few ways you can upgrade the security of your property to protect your investment.
- Install a security system that includes motion sensors on windows and doors that trigger a burglar alarm to alert you and your neighbors when someone is trying to enter your home.
- Place security cameras in key locations as a deterrent to thieves and vandals coming near your property, especially when you’re not at home.
- Replace antiquated locks on windows and doors with secure dead-bolt locks. Repair broken glass on windows that can facilitate thieves entering your home. If your windows are old and worn, replace them with new, modern windows that improve your security.
- Install motion sensor lighting at the entryway, sides and rear of your house to alert you when someone is on the property at night.
- Join your local Neighborhood Watch Program to benefit from the help of others in watching over your home. This can be particularly helpful when you’re away on vacation or business travels.
- Invest in a quality safe to lock up cash, jewelry and other valuable goods, making them less accessible to anyone who unlawfully enters your home.
By putting these security measures in place, you can better protect your home and personal belongings which will help offset high home insurance costs. For additional information on home security and how to lower the cost of your insurance premium, contact one of our representatives at Insure It All, Ammon, ID.