If you live in Idaho Falls, ID, you may wonder whether your flood insurance policy will cover other buildings or structures on your property. Here’s a quick guide to help you understand flood insurance.
Types of Flood Insurance Coverage for Structures on Your Property
The type of coverage you need depends mainly on the structure you are insuring. Generally speaking, most policies will cover the following types of structures:
- Primary Residence – Most flood policies include coverage for your primary residence. This includes damage caused by both sudden and gradual flooding events.
- Secondary Structures – A flood insurance policy may also cover secondary structures such as detached garages, sheds, gazebos, and other outbuildings.
- Additional Living Expenses – Depending on your policy type, you may also be eligible for additional living expenses if your home is damaged by a flood and needs to be temporarily vacated while repairs are being made.
- Contents – Many policies cover any contents inside a structure damaged by flooding (including furniture, clothing, electronics, etc.).
- Liability Coverage – Liability coverage helps to protect you from any legal claims that might arise out of a flood-related event (such as if someone slips and falls in a flooded area). Again, this should be verified with Insure It all before purchasing a policy.
It’s essential to understand what kind of coverage you need based on where you live and any relevant local laws or regulations when purchasing flood insurance for other buildings on your property in Idaho Falls, ID. If you’re looking for more information about the specifics regarding different types of coverage available under these policies or want advice on which option might work best for you, contact Insure It All today!